Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Two nights in the solent.

4 posters

Go down

Two nights in the solent. Empty Two nights in the solent.

Post by Davey Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:44 pm

Friday evening and i decided try the solent for a Bass, was set up at my mark just gone 6pm, things were quiet until 7.30pm when a sharp rattle heralded my target species, a school bass of a pound. to cut the story short I stayed till midnight with a total of 3 bass all round the same size, not exciting but at least it was something.

Saturday evening with a load of bait still over decided to try another spot in the solent.
Arrived for 7pm and within minutes another small bass was in. well the rain got steadily heavier but there were fish about, so decided to stick it out.
A short while later another bite, but this time the line went slack, I picked the rod up and it took some frantic winding to catch up with the fish, head shakes and the fish was swimming to the right, this was a better fish, sure enough I slid it up the beach and it went 5lb 4oz.

Two nights in the solent. 000_0033_zps295fa2f7

Weighed and a quick photo and i slipped her back and she swam off strongly.

I quickly followed this success with another Bass of 2.5lb, but then the weed turned up spoiling the fishing, I couldn't cast any distance because of it so had to fish short with no takes.
Hour before high the weed was gone and the fish returned, another two schoolies a pout and a pin whiting and I called it a night around 12.30am, wet but happy.
Davey
Davey
top poster
top poster

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2010-03-12

Back to top Go down

Two nights in the solent. Empty Re: Two nights in the solent.

Post by tomcat Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:38 pm

Funny how the capture of a few fish can make wet and cold acceptable or even enjoyable. Same conditions without a touch can result in total misery.
tomcat
tomcat
top poster
top poster

Number of posts : 413
Registration date : 2009-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by ianbass Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:10 am

At least you are getting out there, every time I plan a trip out the weather is awfull and when the weather is good enough to fish Im busy with something else and cannot alter it. Great report Davey.
ianbass
ianbass

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2010-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Tink Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:38 am

ianbass wrote:At least you are getting out there, every time I plan a trip out the weather is awfull and when the weather is good enough to fish Im busy with something else and cannot alter it. Great report Davey.

my words exactly

well done Davey, yet another good night on the IoW Smile
Tink
Tink
top poster
top poster

Number of posts : 1351
Registration date : 2009-06-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down