Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lines And Rigs

2 posters

Go down

Lines And Rigs  Empty Lines And Rigs

Post by jazzman Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:18 am

hi guys
in a few days the tides are going to start backing off for a bit till the 7th oct so i turn my attention to my tackle for a bit
i like many others have enjoyed the fish run so i have a few jobs to do ie:-

1. My reel line weather fixed or multiplier

2. My rigs i have used through the month

Reel Line
Check your reel line for any bad cuts or abrasions by using another reel to wind off to if you find any its best to
reline your reel saving you a snap off the next time out, i always have a backing line of approximately a quarter of your casting distance
the reason is that most of your fishing line doesn't see the light of day and if you get a tangle most people strip the hole reel wasting good
line at the end of the reel so by using a backing line of a different colour you only strip to the backing and that never comes off and that
can save on the amount of line used thus saving you money. To join the two lines together i always use a double grinner knot its never let me down.

My Rigs
My reels when i come back in from a fish get a quick wash over in warm water and then are left to dry, but what about the rigs
i have a bucket of water next to the shed i throw my rigs in until the next day its important that your rigs are checked after a fish to reduce the
dreaded snap off. the rigs do take some stick probably more than your main line pay attention to rig line and your hooks if there showing signs of
ware then sling them in the recycle box and use new ones to cut down the snap off saving you yet again more money.

This is pointed more to the newer guys to sea fishing and hope these tips help

Ron
jazzman
jazzman
top poster
top poster

Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2009-03-10

https://ron44.homeserver.com

Back to top Go down

Lines And Rigs  Empty Re: Lines And Rigs

Post by kingcrab Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:30 am