Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

River Colne - 04 July 09

2 posters

Go down

River Colne - 04 July 09 Empty River Colne - 04 July 09

Post by blakdog Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:12 am

With an impending move coming ever close I've been keen to get a few sessions in on the river but to be honest its not been the greatest of seasons so far and I've really been way too busy to fish. Its not that I'm moving that far away (only Jaywick) but it does feel like a major step after 45 years by the Colne and the river seems to be making me pay for deserting her.

I spend an absolutely beautiful few hours (weather-wise) on an upriver mark that hardly ever fails to produce but unfortunately spent the evening looking at two motionless rod tips for the whole session as not a fish fancied my Ragworm baits, which is rare up here indeed. It has to be said that the recent hot snap does suddenly seemed to have produced an awful lot of weed growth and the river seems very much out of sorts, certainly if the smell (probably of rotting Oysters which seem to be dying from the heat on the foreshore in their droves) is anything to go by.

Anyway nothing much to report really although the river didn't let me at the fish she did give me another sunset for the collection .... for those that are interested, home, family and business will be heading a few miles up the coast to Jaywick in a few weeks so feeling a bit of a lump in the throat about leaving "my patch", though its only a 20 minute drive back to fish - on the plus side the new pad will be 400 yards from Jaywick Beach and a 20 minute walk from St Osyth. sunny

River Colne - 04 July 09 101_0559

River Colne - 04 July 09 101_0566-1
blakdog
blakdog
good poster
good poster

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2009-04-22

http://www.blakdogtackle.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

River Colne - 04 July 09 Empty Re: River Colne - 04 July 09

Post by kingcrab Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:27 pm

nice pics there blakdog shame the fish wernt playin hope your move goes well is that st osyth were the big stingers used to be caught ?(or still are)
kingcrab
kingcrab
top poster
top poster

Number of posts : 663
Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by blakdog Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:10 pm

One and the same .... although there have been very few come off of there in recent years. Frinton is the better place to try for stingers these days I think.
blakdog
blakdog
good poster
good poster

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2009-04-22

http://www.blakdogtackle.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down