Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fishing Report - River Colne, Essex - 2nd May 09

2 posters

Go down

Fishing Report - River Colne, Essex - 2nd May 09 Empty Fishing Report - River Colne, Essex - 2nd May 09

Post by blakdog Mon May 04, 2009 1:37 am

Pal Herbs and I had been planning to meet up for a Bass session on the River for some time (before the lucky bugger heads off to NZ) and we finally managed to sort out a session this weekend on a surprisingly quiet Bank Holiday. At the last minute another mate, Stuartdv (from my own forum) decided to join us so at 3pm we met in the Bateman's car park and headed up onto the salt marsh for a few hours chasing the local schoolies from what is a really nice peaceful spot.

None of us were expecting to break any records and we weren't disappointed on that score with the fish playing hard to get but we did all catch Bass, even if none of them were particularly big. Stuart had the biggest fish at 31 cm, amongst a tally of five schoolies with both me and Herbs managing a couple ..... most of the fish coming to Ragworm.

With the exception of one sailing boat (which came in way too close for comfort) we didn't have any company up there at all and even when the fishing is quiet it really is a beautiful place to be just as the sun starts to set, these sessions always seem to be more about chilling out rather than red-hot fishing. Anyway pleasant weather, no lost gear, nice scenery and very good company .... the fish were a bonus if I'm being honest.

Fishing Report - River Colne, Essex - 2nd May 09 101_0408
Fishing Report - River Colne, Essex - 2nd May 09 101_0402
Fishing Report - River Colne, Essex - 2nd May 09 101_0428
blakdog
blakdog
good poster
good poster

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2009-04-22

http://www.blakdogtackle.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Fishing Report - River Colne, Essex - 2nd May 09 Empty post

Post by jazzman Mon May 04, 2009 6:10 am

hi mate
good on you ive forgot what bass looked like im glad you had the catch to show me weldone thanks for the report

cheers Ron
jazzman
jazzman
top poster
top poster

Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2009-03-10

https://ron44.homeserver.com

Back to top Go down

Fishing Report - River Colne, Essex - 2nd May 09 Empty Re: Fishing Report - River Colne, Essex - 2nd May 09

Post by blakdog Thu May 07, 2009 7:19 am

jazzman wrote:hi mate
good on you ive forgot what bass looked like im glad you had the catch to show me weldone thanks for the report
cheers Ron

Unfortunately you needed a microscope to see them Very Happy
blakdog
blakdog
good poster
good poster

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2009-04-22

http://www.blakdogtackle.com/index.php

Back to top Go down