Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Few hours at Cowes

2 posters

Go down

Few hours at Cowes Empty Few hours at Cowes

Post by Davey Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:40 pm

Saturday evening I had planned to fish the east of the island, but with rain and a strong bitter easterly wind I had a change of mind and decided on Cowes.
Was set up by 7pm, 2 hook scratching rig with worm on one rod and a pennel on the other with whole squid.

Half hour and the first fish comes in a nice plump doggie, another new species for the year.

Few hours at Cowes 20130112_193811

A short while later I had another one. Bites again were few and far between but at 10pm a better bite resulted in this Schoolie of a pound.

Few hours at Cowes 20130112_215449

I quickly followed this with a double shot, a 6oz pout and a 5oz whiting, OK not big fish but least I was catching.

Few hours at Cowes 20130112_221730

Just before 11pm another bite and another whiting of 9oz.

Few hours at Cowes 20130112_225106

After that the tide started to run hard and the weed turned up, so it was time to leave. Will be out again very soon. Wink
Davey
Davey
top poster
top poster

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2010-03-12

Back to top Go down

Few hours at Cowes Empty Re: Few hours at Cowes

Post by Tink Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:49 pm

Nice photos Davey, i like the one with the pout and whiting together, i have never seen a pout other than the standard classification photos and seeing it next to the whiting shows how pretty close they are in colour Smile
Tink
Tink
top poster
top poster

Number of posts : 1351
Registration date : 2009-06-16

Back to top Go down