Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Off work Sat 28th until 31st May looking for fishing advice

4 posters

Go down

Off work Sat 28th until 31st May looking for fishing advice Empty Off work Sat 28th until 31st May looking for fishing advice

Post by Rob in Notts Tue May 17, 2011 11:18 pm

Off work Sat 28th until 31st May

I finish work on Friday 27 and I'm hoping to get away to the coast to do so sea fishing I'm looking for some help / advice on fishing tackle and also some help and advice for a sea fishing beginner

I haven't chosen my destination I'm thinking along the lines of Bridlington or somewhere similar

I'll be staying in my caravan

I've got the basic equipment but I need to visit a tackle shop to get some bits and pieces

But I would appreciate any help and advice if there's anybody free between say Sunday Monday Tuesday
I'll be travelling down on Saturday so it may be possible Saturday evening
and I must leave on Wednesday as I have a hospital appointment on Thursday

If anybody is available and wouldn't mind helping out it'll be very much appreciated

I am flexible on location I'm trying to keep it to around 100 / 150 miles from the Nottingham area

Rob in Notts

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2011-04-25

Back to top Go down

Off work Sat 28th until 31st May looking for fishing advice Empty Re: Off work Sat 28th until 31st May looking for fishing advice

Post by h4ppy-chris Wed May 18, 2011 12:15 am

if you was coming over to blackpool i would meet up with you.
if your going to brid you can only fish of the south pier and beaches i would use 3 hook flapper rigs with 1/0 hooks.
has for bait lug worm, muscles, and squid.
we stopped at a great camp site at brid a few yards from the beach Very Happy have a look at this you can see the camp site
http://www.uk-sea-fishing.org/t1269-report-bridlington-camping-fishing-forum-meet-16th-17th-18th-july-2010

Off work Sat 28th until 31st May looking for fishing advice 3hook
h4ppy-chris
h4ppy-chris
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1917
Registration date : 2009-03-07

http://www.uk-sea-fishing.org

Back to top Go down

Off work Sat 28th until 31st May looking for fishing advice Empty Re: Off work Sat 28th until 31st May looking for fishing advice

Post by orion Wed May 18, 2011 8:05 am

Get yourself some peelers, peelers and more peelers and head for the beaches south of brid, half a average crab on a 2/0 big mouth to a clipped pulley rig and launch it, stay with your rod and wait for the action.... you won't be waiting long, it's heaving with hounds, the bigger fish are starting to show now and another week or two will see the big females, fewer fish but up to the 20lb + mark.
Also loads of bass and although tailed off a bit the chance of a ray or two

orion
top poster
top poster

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2010-08-28

Back to top Go down

Off work Sat 28th until 31st May looking for fishing advice Empty Well counting down the hours now for my first sea fishing experience

Post by Rob in Notts Sat May 28, 2011 6:39 am

Well counting down the hours now for my first sea fishing experience thank you for the encouragement and messages with helpful advice

The destination is going to be Anglesey near Holyhead caravan / campsite Valley Of The Rocks

Hopefully I'll manage to catch some fish for tea whatever I catch it is going to be a learning curve and hopefully get some pictures as well if no fish at least it's going to be a nice relaxing break

Rob in Notts

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2011-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post by orion Sat May 28, 2011 7:18 am

Enjoy your break mate Smile

orion
top poster
top poster

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2010-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post by h4ppy-chris Sat May 28, 2011 7:29 am

all the best rob and look forward to your report with pics Very Happy
h4ppy-chris
h4ppy-chris
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1917
Registration date : 2009-03-07

http://www.uk-sea-fishing.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Corectus Sat May 28, 2011 10:26 am

tight lines n bendy rod's Rob wished I was coming along stopped at that campsite twice it ok no electric hook up though on some parts of the camp, the fishing was good last time we was down there, Ryan (Orion) caught a crumping smoothy,happy day,so jealous Rob Rolling Eyes

Regards
Clive Cool Cool Cool
Corectus
Corectus
top poster
top poster

Number of posts : 576
Registration date : 2009-04-26

http://www.nwac.co.uk     http://www.mtifishing.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down