Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

6th March, A sneaky trip

4 posters

Go down

6th March, A sneaky trip Empty 6th March, A sneaky trip

Post by Davey Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:33 am

Got up at 11am Saturday after my success of friday night.

"Morning, is that worm in my fridge?" sez the wife,

"yes darling" I reply.

"hope thats not staying there all week" she replies

"well I could go this evening for a few hours to use it up, just local!"

" OK as long as your home early"

"Midnight at the latest"

So with a pass I got in the van at 6pm, did I really want to fish East-Cowes for Slugs, pout or micro Bass, No that would be like fishing with cuckoo,(only joking Lee).Bugger that! Back to my Bass spot I went.Arrived to find conditions completely different, strong cold wind straight in the face and a big surf not nice but looked Bassy!

Set up same rigs and bunches of Rag cast at distance, by 10pm I was cold and not even a bite.

So decided to move to the other mark where I'd had the 2 Bass the night before, a bit early as the tide would be still well out, but had to be better than here.Bait was out by 10.15pm, I had an hour and a half.

11.40pm the tide was just starting to get to the point where I would expect a bite, but damn I had to leave, Oh well still nice to be out, even in these conditions. One last pee, like you do, roll a cigarette and pack up.

As I got off my box I had a good couple of pulls on the rod, grabbing the rod I struck and yes fish on, didn't feel big couple of pounds maybe.
But as it got nearer to the shallow water it seemed to grow in size and strength. Eventually I got to the stage, the rod was bent double and it wouldn't come in anymore, keeping the tension on I wadded out to pick it up, when I got to it, it was big.

Got it back to the rest, on the scales it went 8lb 8oz, a new PB from the beach for me.

6th March, A sneaky trip 8lb_8o10

Well managed a photo and wadded out again and held it in the water while it recovered, then watched as it swam slowly but steadily out to deeper water.

Well that was it, looked at my watch, nearly midnight, talk about leaving it to the last minute, I would loved to stay but thought best not push my luck, so reluctantly left.
Davey
Davey
top poster
top poster

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2010-03-12

Back to top Go down

6th March, A sneaky trip Empty Re: 6th March, A sneaky trip

Post by h4ppy-chris Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:46 am

top report Davey nice 1 Very Happy
h4ppy-chris
h4ppy-chris
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1917
Registration date : 2009-03-07

http://www.uk-sea-fishing.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Moscowmale Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:56 am

Top report again Davey!

Any chance of sending a few of those Bass up to the Fylde Coast?
Moscowmale
Moscowmale
top poster
top poster

Number of posts : 588
Registration date : 2009-03-15

Back to top Go down

6th March, A sneaky trip Empty post

Post by jazzman Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:02 am

nice photo's again davey we've not heard to much from lee how is he doing although with this post im sure he will reply Laughing Laughing

well done mate fish fish these are two of our fish from Blackpool yeehaa yeehaa lol! lol!

cheers Ron
jazzman
jazzman
top poster
top poster

Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2009-03-10

https://ron44.homeserver.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content