Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

new angler needs help!

3 posters

Go down

new angler needs help! Empty new angler needs help!

Post by tootsieroll Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:23 am

hello all i'm a new angler to this country, i'm currently residing near Bristol (recently moved form canada). i hope this site can help me progress with the hobby i love so much (trying to catch fish) trying more than catching at the moment haha,,,,ive had a look at a few sites and this one seems freindly, i liked the members make a difference in the title and the ''rigs'' page was clear to read ..i need to learn them.
Hoping i can get a few tips.
Regards Rosie x

tootsieroll

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

new angler needs help! Empty Re: new angler needs help!

Post by Moscowmale Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:04 am

Welcome to the site Rosie!

There's a lot to learn, not least the basics, but more importantly, where and how to apply the basics where your intending to fish.
There's no use buying a 14foot zziplex and 6500Ct at £500 if you're intending chucking a spinner off a pier or over a seawall.

Best bet is to find a popular local mark (location to you Rolling Eyes ) go down and watch the locals, and talk to them.
You'll be surprised at how open and friendly the apparently ragged-ass anglers are, and you may even end up buying a cheap starter outfit from someone.
Get into it slowly, absorb the knowledge, then tailor your spending on fishing gear to what you need to get started, not what you think you should have.

Good luck, and tight lines

Steve
Moscowmale
Moscowmale
top poster
top poster

Number of posts : 588
Registration date : 2009-03-15

Back to top Go down

new angler needs help! Empty post

Post by jazzman Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:26 am

hi rosie
welcome to our site steve has summed up the reply very well with an excellent explanation into starting with fishing in the uk
on this site we welcome everyone with respects to there fishing ability weather it be beginner or advanced.

The only thing i can add to steve,s comments are that people hear after a days fishing very kindly post fishing reports which are vital to anyone
who wants to fish so when planning a fishing trip searching the reports for good catches on the net is a good idea. for bait and tackle yes you carn,t beat local
knowledge. where soon youll be taking off on your own fishing trips and maybe trying out one of the charter boats for a days fishing.

anytime you have a question that needs to be answered no matter how small just post it hope to see you in the chat room sometime

Ron cheers
jazzman
jazzman
top poster
top poster

Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2009-03-10

https://ron44.homeserver.com

Back to top Go down

new angler needs help! Empty Re: new angler needs help!

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down