Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Report Stone jetty 10th Nov

+5
Squiresoak
Tink
Corectus
h4ppy-chris
mikey
9 posters

Go down

Report Stone jetty 10th Nov Empty Report Stone jetty 10th Nov

Post by mikey Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:13 am

Hi gang managed to get on stone jetty today, was hoping for better results than my last outing with Tides being smaller and not as fierce. I was not dissapointed, there were about 8 anglers and 5 of us had a mini match (£1 each for heaviest fish) High rollers eh! Laughing Then i pulled in this 2lb plaice with my first cast Very Happy

Report Stone jetty 10th Nov Stone_20

This did not make me the most popular person on the jetty anyway plenty of fish were caught incl 1 small codling 1 rockling a decent size dab and plenty of whiting and just to rub it in i managed to get the biggest whiting Twisted Evil

Report Stone jetty 10th Nov Stone_22

So all in all not a bad day Razz Hope to meet you all sometime soon, and finally glad to see that chris and kingcrabs back problems seem to be sorted, who's next Rolling Eyes mike
mikey
mikey
top poster
top poster

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2009-09-17

Back to top Go down

Report Stone jetty 10th Nov Empty Re: Report Stone jetty 10th Nov

Post by h4ppy-chris Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:10 pm

top report as always mike nice 1 Cool
h4ppy-chris
h4ppy-chris
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1917
Registration date : 2009-03-07

http://www.uk-sea-fishing.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Corectus Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:02 am

Nice report Mikey and what a fish cracking picture, very well done mate

Regards
Clive Cool Cool Cool
Corectus
Corectus
top poster
top poster

Number of posts : 576
Registration date : 2009-04-26

http://www.nwac.co.uk     http://www.mtifishing.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tink Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:46 am

Excellent report Mikey. and very good piccys ( yes i know i dont post piccys yet but i aint gotta camera lol corectus seems obsessed with piccys?? must be his thing i suppose haha ) very glad you are here and posting boss, its always a bit iffy whenever anyone joins the forum if they are serious or not and you seem to be one of the good guys, cant wait to fish with you
Steve ( Tink )

PS VERY nice plaice, my biggest yet is 2.2Lb but then i have only been shore fishing since March

ok guys usual Question from Tink
Where is?..... this time its Stone jetty
as usual i have most prob been there or past it loads of time but???
Tink
Tink
top poster
top poster

Number of posts : 1351
Registration date : 2009-06-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Squiresoak Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:58 pm

Hi Steve it is at the junction of Marine Road west and Central on the prom in Morecambe have a look here

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/24256443

Mike will be able to explain better. There is access for blue badge holders but you need to apply for an electronic key to operate the bollards to allow vehicle access.

Gordon
Squiresoak
Squiresoak
top poster
top poster

Number of posts : 280
Registration date : 2009-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:34 am

Thanks for the good feedback Clive Smile I will always try to give a report after i have been fishing as i like reading the reports that you guys post Very Happy I am only able to fish during the week at the moment as i take care of my mother at weekends (not without much needed help from the better half) I don't think i will be coming Friday night as weather looks to iffy Sad Looks better for monday though so will probably give it a shot then. Hope you all have good session on Saturday and look forward to reports of some decent codling off you all Razz finally re the stone jetty - its right behind the midland hotel, drive along the prom and you can't miss it, there is free parking along the prom if you can find a space (not too busy at this time of year) but there are ample car parks about. If you have a blue badge i can tell you how to apply for a permit for parking on the jetty, the cost is £12 and it lasts as long as your badge is in date or you change your vehicle! Fishing the jetty can be snaggy but fished the right way you can keep tackle losses to a minimum, i am always happy to advise. Good fishing. Mike
mikey
mikey
top poster
top poster

Back to top Go down

Post by kingcrab Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:12 am

good report mikey top fishing mate
kingcrab
kingcrab
top poster
top poster

Number of posts : 663
Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

Report Stone jetty 10th Nov Empty Question

Post by chiggeruk22 Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:26 am

Was wondering if facing the sea,which side is the best to fish?
Thanks

Last edited by chiggeruk22 on Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:28 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

chiggeruk22
Poster
Poster

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Moscowmale Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:06 pm

I'm guessing here Ray, but I'd say the only place to fish off the jetty is at the end (into the deeper water and where boats could tie up). There's too many rocks and boulders down both sides.
But I'm sure Mikey or Sqiresoak will set us straight!
Moscowmale
Moscowmale
top poster
top poster

Number of posts : 588
Registration date : 2009-03-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Squiresoak Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:56 pm

chiggeruk22 wrote:Was wondering if facing the sea,which side is the best to fish?
Thanks

Hi Ray, fish either off the end of the jetty or to the right opposite the cafe. The cafe mark is less snaggy. Fishing off the end you need to cast 50yds+ and a fast retrieve is required which isn't always possible when weed is prevalent. I'm pretty sure Mike fishes without a shock leader to limit the amount of weed caught with having a leader knot.

Gordon
Squiresoak
Squiresoak
top poster
top poster

Number of posts : 280
Registration date : 2009-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:00 am

Hi all, there are only two places to fish now on the stone jetty, either opposite the cafe (no boulders there) but shallow water! or at the very end of the jetty. there is a bench either side so if you fish in between these benches you won't go far wrong. Fish the lower tides when the run is not as strong and weed is less of a problem as stated I don,t use a shockleader here just 30lb line straight through. A cast of 50yds are so will get you over the snags and a fast retrieve should minimise tackle loss. It is very open at the end so bear this in mind if there is a strong wind or foul weather. Mike
mikey
mikey
top poster
top poster

Back to top Go down

Report Stone jetty 10th Nov Empty Jetty

Post by chiggeruk22 Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:25 am

Thanks for that lads i think i might give it a try, When in morecombe last i saw they had built a fishing pier near where Grovener hotel used to be. Is it worth giving it a try?
Cheers Ray

chiggeruk22
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:45 pm

Hi Ray, I have fished this platform a couple of times but it is not a venue I would recommend! The first time I went on it was only a small tide i waited for 2 hours and the sea did'nt even reach it!! Embarassed I looked a right charlie wi all my rods set up and no water Shocked I did manage a couple of flatties on my next trip then on my third and final try I fished a tide of 9.5m and got washed off! Evil or Very Mad Basically the height of the tide is very important here, no good going if tide is less than 8.5 and don't fish over 9m if a strong wind is blowing on shore, hope this helps Smile Mike
mikey
mikey
top poster
top poster

Back to top Go down

Post by scorch Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:39 am

mikey wrote:Hi Ray, I have fished this platform a couple of times but it is not a venue I would recommend! The first time I went on it was only a small tide i waited for 2 hours and the sea did'nt even reach it!! Embarassed I looked a right charlie wi all my rods set up and no water Shocked I did manage a couple of flatties on my next trip then on my third and final try I fished a tide of 9.5m and got washed off! Evil or Very Mad Basically the height of the tide is very important here, no good going if tide is less than 8.5 and don't fish over 9m if a strong wind is blowing on shore, hope this helps Smile Mike

nice one mikey, brilliant Laughing you just dont know until you try Rolling Eyes Wink Wink

scorch
top poster
top poster

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2009-11-25

Back to top Go down

Report Stone jetty 10th Nov Empty Cheers

Post by chiggeruk22 Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:51 am

Thanks for that Mikey,dont think i will bother with it.
Ray

chiggeruk22
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down