Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brightlingsea - 08/08/09 - Another Sizable Bass at Last!

5 posters

Go down

Brightlingsea - 08/08/09 - Another Sizable Bass at Last! Empty Brightlingsea - 08/08/09 - Another Sizable Bass at Last!

Post by blakdog Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:08 am

As we are about to complete on our new bungalow on Monday I decided it was time for a last fishing session on Bateman's Tower as a Brightlingsea resident - I was hoping for better results than my last few sessions which have, quite frankly, been crap.

In an adventurous mood, I dug a couple of pounds of Ragworm in the evening and then, after a bite to eat and a couple of hours sit-down headed off with the gear, arriving at the Tower at about 12.15am.

It was a fairly big tide (3am ish) and an absolutely flat calm night and the first cast opened my innings with small Bass falling to a big ragworm bait at range on my first cast. The second chuck produced an Eel of about half a pound but then it all went quiet.

About an hour from the top of the tide a good bite resulted in a big Eel thrashing just out in front of me as I cleared a weed jam in the tip ring. I got rid of the weed just in time to see the fish climb up the line and shake free of the hook as they quite often do ... but the next cast my luck improved and an Eel (a very green one as you can see from the picture) of about a pound duly came in and was returned after a quick picture.

Encouraged by a few fish on the flood I was hopeful of a Bass or two on the ebb (by far your best chance here) and sure enough, the best fish of the night came about 2 hours on the turn, just as the run started to ease. At 45cm it wasn't the biggest Bass in the world but nice to see given how scarce sizable Bass have been from the river this year.

Within an hour the tide had completely died and I decided it was time to head home, not least because I was bloody knackered. Although not the best ever session I've had on the river it did at least turn up a couple of fish that put a bend in the rod and ended my recent fish drought .... a pleasant way to say goodbye to the town really. Mind you, having used a pound and a half of Ragworm up on one rod some might say I deserved a couple of fish.

Brightlingsea - 08/08/09 - Another Sizable Bass at Last! 101_0581

Brightlingsea - 08/08/09 - Another Sizable Bass at Last! 101_0587

Brightlingsea - 08/08/09 - Another Sizable Bass at Last! 101_0592

Brightlingsea - 08/08/09 - Another Sizable Bass at Last! 101_0594
blakdog
blakdog
good poster
good poster

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2009-04-22

http://www.blakdogtackle.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Brightlingsea - 08/08/09 - Another Sizable Bass at Last! Empty Re: Brightlingsea - 08/08/09 - Another Sizable Bass at Last!

Post by Guest Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:39 pm

Very Happy

Last edited by orion on Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:36 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Brightlingsea - 08/08/09 - Another Sizable Bass at Last! Empty farewell

Post by FishingwithFrank Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:22 pm

Well it was a good farewell session for you great report...Thanks ... Frank
FishingwithFrank
FishingwithFrank
top poster
top poster

Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Back to top Go down

Brightlingsea - 08/08/09 - Another Sizable Bass at Last! Empty Re: Brightlingsea - 08/08/09 - Another Sizable Bass at Last!

Post by h4ppy-chris Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:22 am

top report as always bd Very Happy
h4ppy-chris
h4ppy-chris
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1917
Registration date : 2009-03-07

http://www.uk-sea-fishing.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Tink Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:40 am

good post mate, enjoyed reading it, and very good piccys aswell
Tink
Tink
top poster
top poster

Number of posts : 1351
Registration date : 2009-06-16

Back to top Go down

Post by kingcrab Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:25 pm

great post as always
kingcrab
kingcrab
top poster
top poster

Number of posts : 663
Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down