Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bateman's Tower, Brightlingsea, Essex

4 posters

Go down

Bateman's Tower, Brightlingsea, Essex Empty Bateman's Tower, Brightlingsea, Essex

Post by blakdog Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:57 am

I have to say i think this section is a really nice touch .... so well done.

Bateman's Tower is a local mark i have fished since I was a lad and is very popular with locals. It has a car park nearbye (pay in the summer - free in the winter) and there is very good access with wheelchair ramps etc to get to the tower itself. The tower is railed for safety (handy for your rods as well) and there is a concrete promenade to get there and fish from. There is a cafe a stone's throw away which opens 7 days a week in season and weekends quite often in the winter but the real bonus here is the disable toilet in the car park. I know of one angler in an electric wheelchair who fishes the mark with no problem at all.

The fishing can be good in season - plenty of Whiting in the autumn, Flounder over the xmas period, an occasional run of Codling (although not reliable) and Eels, Dogfish, bass and Flounder in the summer. There are also Mullet around this mark on the right tide, some a very good size. i've included a photo from one of my sites, but there is a whole gallery here.

Bateman's Tower, Brightlingsea, Essex Gal5_1
blakdog
blakdog
good poster
good poster

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2009-04-22

http://www.blakdogtackle.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Bateman's Tower, Brightlingsea, Essex Empty Re: Bateman's Tower, Brightlingsea, Essex

Post by kingfisher Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:01 pm

nice report blakdog thanks
kingfisher
kingfisher
top poster
top poster

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2009-03-08

Back to top Go down

Bateman's Tower, Brightlingsea, Essex Empty Re: Bateman's Tower, Brightlingsea, Essex

Post by Welsh Wheels Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:54 pm

Hey thanks Blakdog Very Happy
Thanks for adding that report, am very sure there are disabled people reading it that will appreciate it too and hopefully try out that spot when they can.
Cheers and tight lines!!
Andy Smile
Welsh Wheels
Welsh Wheels
top poster
top poster

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2009-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by blakdog Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:14 am

Sorry, one thing i should have said ..... its a popular spot with holiday makers, particularly weekends and school holidays so during the peak of the summer its probably a better venue for an evening tide.
blakdog
blakdog
good poster
good poster

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2009-04-22

http://www.blakdogtackle.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post by h4ppy-chris Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:43 am

nice 1 blakdog Very Happy
h4ppy-chris
h4ppy-chris
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1917
Registration date : 2009-03-07

http://www.uk-sea-fishing.org

Back to top Go down