Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

john holden fishing tips

2 posters

Go down

john holden fishing tips Empty john holden fishing tips

Post by kingcrab Wed May 20, 2009 5:48 am

kingcrab
kingcrab
top poster
top poster

Number of posts : 663
Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

john holden fishing tips Empty Re: john holden fishing tips

Post by Corectus Thu May 21, 2009 7:10 am

Nice one Andy good tip leave mi wi a few questions ? might sound silly but dont forget i'm a newbie and still learning Shocked we use fixed spool reels, so silly question time? do we need a leader too? got 30lb line on spool and just fix a rig to it also 30lb wi 15lb flappers? these reels was purchased with line already on, so do i need to make any adjustments? would be grateful for any help with this matter Smile

regards
Clive Cool Cool Cool
Corectus
Corectus
top poster
top poster

Number of posts : 576
Registration date : 2009-04-26

http://www.nwac.co.uk     http://www.mtifishing.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kingcrab Fri May 22, 2009 4:07 am

in answer to your question you say your using 30lb line its ok for anything up to a 3oz weight if your putting any degree of power into your cast other than that it should be ok , most people use a rule of thumb of 10lb of leader for every oz of casting weight
ie: 6oz sinker = 60lb shock leader
i think that you should scale down your mainline to maybe 18lb or 15lb which will increase your casting distance by reducing the drag caused by the thicker line
the other thing i would do is to increase your snoods to 25lb this will stop any tangling on the retreive and also stop any chance of a bite off which is what happened to me last winter needless to say i now only use 25lb amnesia for snood /hooklength or 60lb if i was fishing for conger /bull huss
hope some of this helps andy
kingcrab
kingcrab
top poster
top poster

Number of posts : 663
Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down