Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Come on lads......... make me an offer!!!

+4
Birdy
tomcat
ianbass
Moscowmale
8 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Come on lads......... make me an offer!!! Empty Come on lads......... make me an offer!!!

Post by Moscowmale Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:42 am

Cloughie's family have given me Eddie's Beachcasting and Boat gear.
It was all bought within the last couple of years and hardly used, in fact I don't think the boat stuff saw water!
I'm putting it up for sale as a job lot, and the money received will be donated to the RNLI Fleetwood.
Best offer received by midnight Saturday 11th February gets the lot (I'll deliver anywhere within reason - sorry Davy!)
13ft Shimano Nexave-BX beachcaster 4-8oz
Shakespeare Mustang ZFS-70 fized spool reel: line and leader
12ft Storm Rebel RB12 beachcaster
Storm Rebel fixed spool reel: line and leader
2.1m Shakespeare in 2 Boat rod 2 pc
Okuma Classic CL30L multiplier with levelwind, loaded with 18lb red ice
Craig Parker 6ft tripod
Waterproof fishing bag with 3 large pockets
Small plastic box with several weights, rigs, feathers etc.

Come on lads......... make me an offer!!! Eddiesfishinggear

Everthing here for a new starter, either on the beach or from a boat.
Moscowmale
Moscowmale
top poster
top poster

Number of posts : 588
Registration date : 2009-03-15

Back to top Go down

Come on lads......... make me an offer!!! Empty Re: Come on lads......... make me an offer!!!

Post by ianbass Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:53 am

Start off with £50
ianbass
ianbass

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2010-08-23

Back to top Go down

Come on lads......... make me an offer!!! Empty Re: Come on lads......... make me an offer!!!

Post by tomcat Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:57 am

I'll confirm his £50 and increase it to £60. (I don't even shore fish!) It's a good cause.
tomcat
tomcat
top poster
top poster

Number of posts : 413
Registration date : 2009-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by ianbass Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:04 am

£65
ianbass
ianbass

Back to top Go down

Post by tomcat Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:12 am

No odd numbers allowed. £70.
tomcat
tomcat
top poster
top poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdy Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:22 am

I'm not going to bid on this BUT I will add £10 to the winning bid.
Anymore folks it's a worthwhile cause ?
Can I suggest the site adopts the rnli as it's chosen charity perhaps we can run a match later in the year to raise funds I will volunteer to organize it and provide a trophy to the winner discuss ?

Birdy
top poster
top poster

Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2009-06-09

Back to top Go down

Post by h4ppy-chris Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:20 pm

to birdy and steve
thats a great idea birdy will look forward it sort a date out try and time it when the kids are off school Very Happy
steve what do you think about using some of the money to buy a Eddie clough trophy that we can fish for each year.
the money raised can go to the RNLI.
h4ppy-chris
h4ppy-chris
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1917
Registration date : 2009-03-07

http://www.uk-sea-fishing.org

Back to top Go down

Post by ianbass Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:25 pm

h4ppy-chris wrote:to birdy and steve
thats a great idea birdy will look forward it sort a date out try and time it when the kids are off school Very Happy
steve what do you think about using some of the money to buy a Eddie clough trophy that we can fish for each year.
the money raised can go to the RNLI.

What a FANTASTIC idea!!!!! A fun day out, good laugh, great cause, a chance to remember someone and a bit of fishing, Sounds good to me.

I am sure we have some unused trophies at the bowls club that I can hijack, new name plate on it(I'll sort that) It'll look good as new. Any good? It will save buying one.
ianbass
ianbass

Back to top Go down

Post by Moscowmale Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:30 pm

Brilliant, but that's why we love this site! Eddie would be so chuffed, and his family will be delighted when I show them the link.

Eddie loved the sea and spent a lot of his time over his last few months on the Seascan, a converted trawler which can be seen in Fleetwood docks. He had a few trips from Fleetwood to the IOM, Ireland, Scotland and Whitehaven and it really upset him when he became too ill to sail.
So even though I'm slightly biased, I agree that the RNLI should be our adopted charity. I've already got a box with £35 in from our meets last year so there's a start.
Birdy, cheers mate!
Chris/Birdy - great idea for an annual match, but no arguments, I'm putting up the commemorative trophy so that every penny raised goes to the RNLI.

So keep the bids coming in!
Steve
Moscowmale
Moscowmale
top poster
top poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ianbass Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:39 pm

OK Steve, no problem with a trophy, I'll see if I can organise a few raffle prizes if thats any good
ianbass
ianbass

Back to top Go down

Post by h4ppy-chris Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:53 pm

nice 1 Ian thumbs
as eddie past in june i think that would be a good month to hold it in?
h4ppy-chris
h4ppy-chris
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Moscowmale Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:50 am

If it's OK with Birdy, I'll vote for June as well.
Hopefully a nice sunny day, barby, a few fish to catch, raffle, prizes ....... could even tempt a few over from the dark side for a good cause?
Moscowmale
Moscowmale
top poster
top poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdy Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:20 am

The Eddie Clough memorial trophy sounds like a great idea so let's make it June Very Happy

Birdy
top poster
top poster

Back to top Go down

Post by wijonty Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:23 am

i agree with every thing thats been said im not going to bid as iv enough stuff but ill donate £ 20.00 to the winning bid jonty

Last edited by wijonty on Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:07 am; edited 1 time in total
wijonty
wijonty
top poster
top poster

Number of posts : 940
Registration date : 2009-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by tomcat Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:38 am

Unless I'm outbid, I'll have some rods and reels to offer as prizes.
tomcat
tomcat
top poster
top poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdy Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:41 am

Can we aim to make it a family friendly day BBQ sounds good any volunteers ?
Let's get the youngsters involved after all they are the future of our sport so I'll make sure there's a trophy and some tackle for them. Are we going to have a ladies trophy as well or is that not a pc thing to say thesedays ? Very Happy

Birdy
top poster
top poster

Back to top Go down

Post by h4ppy-chris Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:59 am

i will bring my smoker and do some smoked pulled pork and 2 chickens. and if any one want to put a fish in it to smoke
they can.
h4ppy-chris
h4ppy-chris
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdy Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:04 am

I might just have had a mega idea watch this space BUT organise NOT to drive lol Very Happy

Birdy
top poster
top poster

Back to top Go down

Post by wijonty Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:01 am

hi guys iv just had a phone call from keith rabbie2 he will donate £20 .00 to the top bid he allways spoke well of eddie thanks keith well done mate jonty
wijonty
wijonty
top poster
top poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Moscowmale Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:30 am

Keith will be welcomed with open arms Jonty, as will anyone who recognises life is too short to bear grudges.
Eddie would be so chuffed to see how everyone is pulling together for a great cause in his name.
Birdy - what the ';eck?
Tomcat - superstar !
Chris -= shmokin..... !
Moscowmale
Moscowmale
top poster
top poster

Back to top Go down

Post by tomcat Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:33 am

So with Jonty and Rabbii's contributions, we are up to a minimum of £100 allready. If Chris and the weather are both willing, it would be nice to get my little boat across to allow members to experience a spell boat fishing on the day. I should be a little more available this year, I've dropped one of my five part time jobs. Very Happy
tomcat
tomcat
top poster
top poster

Back to top Go down

Post by h4ppy-chris Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:50 am

tomcat wrote:So with Jonty and Rabbii's contributions, we are up to a minimum of £100 allready. If Chris and the weather are both willing, it would be nice to get my little boat across to allow members to experience a spell boat fishing on the day. I should be a little more available this year, I've dropped one of my five part time jobs. Very Happy

i am willing mate but i think the smoker on the boat it a bad idea gsbrnint gsbrnint gsbrnint
h4ppy-chris
h4ppy-chris
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wijonty Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:58 am

a lot depends on what you are smoking cris Laughing Laughing those were the days Shocked Very Happy Very Happy
wijonty
wijonty
top poster
top poster

Back to top Go down

Post by h4ppy-chris Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:01 am

Laughing Laughing Laughing lol! lol! trust you
h4ppy-chris
h4ppy-chris
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tomcat Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:06 am

Well those two are definatly staying firmly on land. None of that nonsense on my little boat! If we aim for a weekend later in June there could well be shoals of mackeral round for you guys to have a go at dragging up from the boat. (Chris can smoke them!)
tomcat
tomcat
top poster
top poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next