Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brighton Marina, Newhaven, Seaford & Eastbourne Pier

+2
Davey
Buck2003
6 posters

Go down

Brighton Marina, Newhaven, Seaford & Eastbourne Pier Empty Brighton Marina, Newhaven, Seaford & Eastbourne Pier

Post by Buck2003 Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:09 am

Find bellow some information I hope you find usefull:

BRIGHTON MARINA

Brighton Marina can be fished from the West and East arms (weather permitting) at a cost of £3 for one rod £5 for two. There is a Tackle shop ( The Tackle box 01273 696477) Lugworm £2.75 per pk of 10
Next to the Marina there is a multi-story car park that is FREE to park on, tho if leaving your car all night I've been advised to notify the car park security so they are aware.
In the Marina there are plenty of restaurants and bars and also a Mc Donalds, there is also an Asda Superstore there too with petrol station.

NEWHAVEN

Next we went to Newhaven which is about 20 mins from Brighton by car. I fished from the end of Fort Rd from the bay. There theres a car park which charges £2 per day (you can then come and go as you please without having to pay again) and you can fish from your car. There I had lots of good size whiting. The bay is where the Dieppe ferry comes and goes.

The best spot there is in the corner where you can cast into the deep water where the ferry goes. Its a soft sand/mud botttom with only a few snags.
Just off Fort Rd there is a Tackle shop called Newhaven Angler where bait can be purchased at £2.75 per pk of 10 Lugworm or £2.50 for Rag worm. He will have other baits too. Tel:01273 512186

On that Rd there is also a Kebab shop and a couple of cafe's alomg with a Summerfield store at the end.
I slept in my car in the bay area two nights and everything was fine, other fishermen do the same too and there is a police patrol every hour-ish.
[url=MAP]http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&gl=uk&hl=en&g=107+Fort+Rd%2C+NEWHAVEN%2C+East+Sussex+BN9+9DA&q=Newhaven+&btnG=Search+Maps[/url]

SEAFORD

Next we went to Seaford which was 10 mins away, there you can park on the rd free (check time limits) and your right next to the beach. Its much more open there and we had strong winds in our face making it difficult. Again we just had whiting but an other guy had Bass. Other people were still spinning for mackrel..but only a couple were caught.

At the end of that rd near the cliffs there is a concrete jetty thats supposed to be a good mark.

EASTBOURNE PIER

Then we went to Eastbourne, just to look about. We enquierd about fishing off the pier and got the following information.

NONE MEMBERS

None members can fish from the end of the pier from 9am untill 10pm at a charge of £3 per Rod.

MEMBERS

Membership is £20 per year. As a member you can fish from the end of the pier 24/7 at a cost of £2 per Rod.

There is a cafe/tea shop there open till 10pm however if enough people are fishing they will stay open till later (12am-1pm I was told). There is also a tackle shop ON the Pier. Tel: 01323411301 for more information.

Lastly I have been told of a place just further round from EASTBOURNE called Normans bay where apparently bait can be dug/pumped. I havent tried yet but will post the information and pictures soon.

On all the Marks I fished (Brighton, Newhaven, Seaford) I used small hooks (size 4 at one point) I used Lug and Ragworm and found Lug worked best alone or tipped with squid)

Next time I'll take lots of pictures.

Should you require further info please let me know.

Kind regards Buck

Last edited by Buck2003 on Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Buck2003
Buck2003
top poster
top poster

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2009-03-08

Back to top Go down

Brighton Marina, Newhaven, Seaford & Eastbourne Pier Empty Re: Brighton Marina, Newhaven, Seaford & Eastbourne Pier

Post by Davey Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:28 am

Excellent info mate well done
Davey
Davey
top poster
top poster

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2010-03-12

Back to top Go down

Brighton Marina, Newhaven, Seaford & Eastbourne Pier Empty Re: Brighton Marina, Newhaven, Seaford & Eastbourne Pier

Post by h4ppy-chris Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:55 am

welcome back rob Very Happy good info there, looks like you been out fishing at last Very Happy
h4ppy-chris
h4ppy-chris
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1917
Registration date : 2009-03-07

http://www.uk-sea-fishing.org

Back to top Go down

Post by wijonty Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:22 am

good report rob nice to hear from you again jonty
wijonty
wijonty
top poster
top poster

Number of posts : 940
Registration date : 2009-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Squiresoak Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:09 am

Brings back a few memories those marks Rob, my sis lives near Bexhill.

Try squid on a 3/0 running ledger for the nice bass they have around there or small live bait such as pout or whiting.

Very Happy
Squiresoak
Squiresoak
top poster
top poster

Number of posts : 280
Registration date : 2009-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Buck2003 Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:22 am

Thank you its good to be back and fishing as well!

Buck
Buck2003
Buck2003
top poster
top poster

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2009-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Tink Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:23 am

Cheers Buck, Keep up the good work Very Happy
Tink
Tink
top poster
top poster

Number of posts : 1351
Registration date : 2009-06-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down