Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

new to sea fihing

3 posters

Go down

new  to sea fihing Empty new to sea fihing

Post by turner10 Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:18 am

Hi new member and new to sea fishing. will be beach fishing east coast brid to flamboro so any tips times and where to fish etc much appreciated Alan

turner10

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2012-12-03

Back to top Go down

new  to sea fihing Empty Re: new to sea fihing

Post by tomcat Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:28 am

Not my area of knowledge turner 10, but welcome onboard.
I'm sure one of our shore danglers will be along soon with some hints. welcome
tomcat
tomcat
top poster
top poster

Number of posts : 413
Registration date : 2009-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by ianbass Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:39 am

Hi Alan, welcome to the site. Are you a coverted course/carp angler or are you totally new to fishing? Simplest advice is get to a coastal tackle shop and talk to them, they will want you as a regular customer and so will (or should) look after you. One bit of advice, dont go over the top buying rods, reels and tackle at first, make sure your going to enjoy sea fishing before you invest in quality stuff. Providing you can put a bait out there and it looks reasonable to the fish they wont care what rod and reel you are using. We see so many lads spending hundreds of pounds on gear and 6 months later its all up for sale an one hell of a loss.

One thing, it doesnt matter how silly it might seem to you DO NOT be affraid to ask questions on here. We all have to learn and we've all been where you are so....how, what,when and why/ Someone will always give an answer.

Oh yes, enjoy.............
ianbass
ianbass

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2010-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by turner10 Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:26 pm

Hi Ian I did fly fishing about 20 years ago but have never done any sea fishing other than from a day boat and stuck a hook over the side of the boat. My rod is a twelve foot beach caster cost £20 and the multiplier reel was in an auction on e bay got it for £9 , they had the same reel and they where generally going for £20 so think I got it cheap. I'll see if I like sea fishing then add more gear as I need it. Seen a lot of people with expensive gear when fly fishing and thought what a waste of money, but they where happy as long as they had the named brands so looked the part . Thanks Alan

turner10

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2012-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Search

Display results as :