Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Islanders do Dungerness

5 posters

Go down

Islanders do Dungerness Empty Islanders do Dungerness

Post by Davey Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:55 am

Well I've not had a good year on the quiet, my Diabetes has been playing up all year, making me very ill, and when I've managed to get out I've not caught a lot.
This trip though had been organised for a long time, ill or not, I was going.
There was 6 of us going, one was already in Kent the 5 of us were driving down Sunday morning in 2 vans meeting up with the other guy who was picking up all the bait then we were all going to Dungerness, well that was the plan.
We got as far as Winchester services before one van started to play up, 2 of the guys had to return with the van to the island and pick up a car while the rest of us carried on.
After stopping for fish and chips in a pub we were on the beach just gone 4pm. Think we had enough gear with us.

Islanders do Dungerness 20121202_150129

Cuttle, Squid and Dungie black lug were the baits, and from the off we were into these bait robbing Whiting.

Islanders do Dungerness 100_0770

Infact it was non stop with them,apart from the odd doggie or Dab.
Around midnight the wind got up and the rain started, it got so bad we all retired to our beach buddys. What a storm we had, with non of us getting more than 2 hours sleep.
Monday morning found the wind and rain had gone the sea had good colour and we were hopeful of a few cod. we fish through the day, but the whiting were relentless. After dark I did finally manage a Dab, my first since I was a nipper.

Islanders do Dungerness 100_0773

Around Low water Mick finally got the Bite we'd all been praying for and landed this fine codling of 7lb 13oz

Islanders do Dungerness 100_0774

Well we carried on fishing till the early hours, but apart from the whiting there was no more cod, after a few hours sleep it was time to return to the Island.
I think we would have had a few more cod if it hadn't been for the whiting which were on our baits as soon as it hit the water, I had over 80 of the damned things and the rest of the guys must have done the same, still a great time was had by all.
Davey
Davey
top poster
top poster

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2010-03-12

Back to top Go down

Islanders do Dungerness Empty Re: Islanders do Dungerness

Post by tomcat Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:39 am

Nice report, and, as usual, excellent photographs.
tomcat
tomcat
top poster
top poster

Number of posts : 413
Registration date : 2009-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by ianbass Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:20 am

As a diabetic too I know exactly what you mean, again another grat report and pictures, keep them coming
ianbass
ianbass

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2010-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Tink Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:10 am

Well done Mick, good on you all Davey Smile
Tink
Tink
top poster
top poster

Number of posts : 1351
Registration date : 2009-06-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishfinder Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:44 am

Tell you what Davey, I dont envy you getting all that gear back off the shingle, I nearly had a stroke last time, 1 step up hill 5 back down. Good effort though.
Fishfinder
Fishfinder
top poster
top poster

Number of posts : 268
Registration date : 2009-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down