Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Change of venue pays off

2 posters

Go down

Change of venue pays off Empty Change of venue pays off

Post by Davey Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:41 pm

Friday evening and it was the island forum comp, and as usual there was a great turnout from the members with just 3 of us turning up, nice to see the members supporting the site!
We were set up ready for the start of the comp, then we noticed them, a string of marker bouys some 300 yards off shore, nets.
So we decided on a move, an hour later we were set up at the new venue and this was clear. Initially there was some weed but this cleared as the tide started to flood.

Change of venue pays off Whitec10

Nothing happened till gone dark, about 11pm I get 2 strong tugs and striking feel something tugging back, and in came this strap conger just under 3lb.

Change of venue pays off 20120622_225613

Photos taken it was returned and I was just rebaiting when Mick was into a fish after a classic Ray bite, and sure enough this 6lb 5oz small eyed ray was landed.

Change of venue pays off 20120622_230546

This put him in the lead, but 20 minutes later after a nice slack line bite I landed this small eyed Ray of 6lb 3oz.

Change of venue pays off 20120622_234252

Taking the lead again. An hour passed without any bites then Mick was in again, this time a cracking Bass of 4lb 4oz the prize.

Change of venue pays off 20120623_001630

Again he was in front, unfortunately although Mick and I were catching Wizbit the other member wasn't getting anything, he couldn't buy a bite.
A while later and a just insize school Bass took me within a few ounces of Mick and then a Doggie won the comp for me.
A cracking nights fishing and a right royal battle between Mick and I, which we both enjoyed.
Davey
Davey
top poster
top poster

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2010-03-12

Back to top Go down

Change of venue pays off Empty Re: Change of venue pays off

Post by Tink Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:53 am

That looked like it was a cracking night Davey Smile
Well done all
Tink