Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lots of weed

2 posters

Go down

Lots of weed Empty Lots of weed

Post by Davey Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:55 pm

After the mid week gales, Saturday looked perfect for another go at Chale, we were on the beach for 7pm. The sea was a lovely chocalate colour with a nice bit of surf, perfect for some Ray fishing, Unfortunately there was too much weed, and after 15minutes of hauling the stuff in we had to pack up and climb back up the cliffs.
We headed off to Sandown bay, by 9pm we were set up again, with the same result, weed. We decided to stick it out and by 11pm it had completely dissapeared.
Things were quiet, though Mick had several good slack line bites but couldn't connect to anything.
Finally about 1am I had a couple of nods on the rod then a slack line, striking I was into a good weight with the familiar nod nod of a Ray trying to escape, and sure enough two beady eyes appeared through the surf and in came this painted (small eyed) ray of 7lb 8oz.

Lots of weed 20120610_002642

With having to get up early Sunday we wern't planning on staying late, but decided to give it a little while longer and around 2am I was in again to another ray, this time a nice spotted ray of 4lb exactly.

Lots of weed 20120610_013534

Well we gave it till 2.30am when Mick finally broke his duck with a small Bullhuss and I finished the night with a doggie, despite the weed it turned out to be a good night.
Davey
Davey
top poster
top poster

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2010-03-12

Back to top Go down

Lots of weed Empty Re: Lots of weed

Post by Tink Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:02 am

Well done Davey
Tink
Tink