Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a couple of fish

3 posters

Go down

a couple of fish Empty a couple of fish

Post by Davey Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:23 pm

Haven't been around much as I've not been well, but Friday I was feeling well enough for a trip down Chale with a few mates.
We were set up just gone 7pm a small shoal of mackerel came through and I managed one for my species count.

a couple of fish 20120601_201657

Though the forecast was for cloud it had cleared, and there was a bright moon so not the best conditions, but nothing ventured and all that.

At 8.30pm I'd just rebaited one rod and cast out, returning to the rest just in time to see the other rod almost pulled out of the rest. I struck and was into a good fish, the rod bent double almost and I felt some strong nods, the fish kited to the right before being landed.
It was a painted (small eyed) Ray and was a personal best weighing 8lb 9oz.

a couple of fish 20120601_203825

That was unexpected as it was still daylight, though they can be caught during the day, the rays don't normally feed till after dark.

Things were quiet till dark after that, when we were all catching the odd doggie and Pout, untill 12.30am when I get a few tugs then a slack line, again I strike and feel the same as before, the fish pulling hard and kitting to one side, and in came another painted Ray this beating the other one by 3 ozs, going 8lb 12oz, another new PB.

a couple of fish 20120602_003535

A short while later A strange nod on the other rod heralded this weird thing, a huge spider crab.

a couple of fish 20120601_235848

With work the next day for the others they packed up just gone 1am, so I had the whole of Chale to myself.
I managed a few more Pout and at 4.30am with it being daylight was getting ready to pack up when the rod went again, after stiking, again the same a strong fish pulling hard, another Ray, but unfortunatey I lost it 20yards out.
Still a good night in all with my pb beaten twice,was good to be out and into some fish.
Davey
Davey
top poster
top poster

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2010-03-12

Back to top Go down

a couple of fish Empty Re: a couple of fish

Post by Tink Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:16 pm

Great catch Davey and once more, top notch Photos Smile
Tink
Tink