Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BOSSINGTON BEACH SPLIT IN 2 NOW 360 VIDEO CLIP OF BREACH

Go down

BOSSINGTON  BEACH SPLIT IN 2 NOW  360 VIDEO CLIP OF BREACH  Empty BOSSINGTON BEACH SPLIT IN 2 NOW 360 VIDEO CLIP OF BREACH

Post by RCN60 Thu May 17, 2012 8:49 am

Hi al just a heads up for anyone that fishes shingle beaches where streams rivers etc cut through them.

For those that do not know or heard of Bossington beach west Somerset it is part of Porlock Bay nr Minehead.

It is a steep shelving pebble beach shingle ( Somerset sand we call it) bank built up over earth,
It has a small stream that runs through Bossington village and has several tributary streams brooks that feed into it.

As a rule as with most shingle beaches streams get to the bank form a shallow pool or deep depending and filter through the shingle out to sea, this was and always have been regards Bossington beach and I have fished it or nr it for over 40 years but never seen what happened last week in that time.

here is a quick video clip of the beach at Bossington

Looks normal does it not ?

Lets go up to where the stream meets the sea!!!

A fair few thousand tons of beach gone now!! and it is in 2 halves did not see this in the first clip did you!!??

The power of water !! can happen on most shingle beaches we fish most a few blows puts it back but this is heavy pebbles and hole like this will take time!!

The question is I know few and myself have fished in front of the stream over the years for bass and mullet and hounds?? needless to say wont be doing that again if heavy rain can do that here imagine other beaches you probably fish that have a stream filtering through it !!!

Makes you think a bit does it not always worth checking what is behind you and checking stream levels and rain forecast with a wary eye now lol..
RCN60
RCN60
good poster
good poster

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2010-10-22

Back to top Go down