Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help, i'm out of my depth! (which way is deeper?)

3 posters

Go down

Help, i'm out of my depth! (which way is deeper?) Empty Help, i'm out of my depth! (which way is deeper?)

Post by paulmoll Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:04 am

Hi guys, Just started an account because I have a LOT of questions..

Long story short, I just inherited a bunch of stuff, i went sea fishing a handful of times with my grandad when i was young but remember nothing, I have been freshwater fishing for ages, I live in Norfolk.

I have inherited :-
Mitchell 488 and Mitchell 486 Reels
Shakespeare, ABU Svangsta and Fuji 11 to 12 ft Rods
Loads of weights and lures and spinners and some line and stuff.

OK, so I would desperately like to start Sea fishing from the lovely shores of East Anglia, I live just outside Norwich and don't mind driving around an hour to whatever place is good! (maybe more if i actually catch something Wink) So is the stuff i have had passed on to me ok to give it a try, or will I be endangering myself trying to use this stuff? I'd really like to know where to start, when to start, what to try and fish for, what to stick on the hook, the whole nine yards...

I was thinking i would probably go for a couple of evening trips during daylight, just to get used to the equipment and get some confidence before braving myself for the inevitably long winter, and the darkness that comes with it.

Again, any help would be much appreciated, and thanks in advance for any comments!

Paul

paulmoll

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2012-09-02

Back to top Go down

Help, i'm out of my depth! (which way is deeper?) Empty Re: Help, i'm out of my depth! (which way is deeper?)

Post by Tink Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:52 pm

if it puts bait in the water it is good, if you pull fish out of the water its better, after that all you can do is learn about other equipment.
i use a Ron Thompson 6 piece travel rod, a Okuma magnatex 30 multiplier for the pier and a Diawa Millionaire hm6 multiplier for the beach and the same rod all the time beach and pier, i cannot give you much more than this as i am in Blackpool but i am sure there are some on here who are willing to help Smile
Tink
Tink
top poster
top poster

Number of posts : 1351
Registration date : 2009-06-16

Back to top Go down

Help, i'm out of my depth! (which way is deeper?) Empty Re: Help, i'm out of my depth! (which way is deeper?)

Post by ianbass Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:48 am

Hi Paul, Welcome to the site. I could have sworn I'd replied to your post the same day you posted it. I must be going bloody daft. Very Happy The tackle youve got sounds fine for general beach fishing. The best advice I can offer you is, take it all to your local tackle shop and ask him to check it out to make sure everything is ok, I would definately recommend new line on both reels. Providing your weights and traces are ok then your fine to go fishing. Ask your tackle shop for advice, they will want to keep you as a customer(bait, line, tackle etc etc) so they SHOULD help you at every turn, if not then ask advice from other anglers, we are a helpfull lot really and 99% of us will be more than happy to help and advise you. NEVER be affraid to ask questions. It does not matter how silly you think the question is.......ASK it, We have ALL been there and had to learn.

GOOD LUCK and ENJOY
ianbass
ianbass

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2010-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search