Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

E. coli warning over several Lancashire shellfish beds (26/Aug/2012)

2 posters

Go down

E. coli warning over several Lancashire shellfish beds (26/Aug/2012) Empty E. coli warning over several Lancashire shellfish beds (26/Aug/2012)

Post by Tink Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:52 pm

Recent sampling in Wyre found increased quantities of E. coli in mussels, resulting in tighter rules for fisherman until further notice.

Shellfish in the area must now be moved to cleaner waters for at least 60 days in order to be suitable to eat.

They then may require further treatment to kill off any remaining bacteria.

The affected beds are Marine Beach, Knott Spit, Wyre End Scar, North Wharf, Perch Scar and King Scar.

A Wyre Council spokesman said: "Private individuals are strongly advised not to gather shellfish for their own consumption from the affected area as there may be a risk to their health."

BBC News
Tink
Tink
top poster
top poster

Number of posts : 1351
Registration date : 2009-06-16

Back to top Go down

E. coli warning over several Lancashire shellfish beds (26/Aug/2012) Empty Re: E. coli warning over several Lancashire shellfish beds (26/Aug/2012)

Post by ianbass Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:31 pm

I might be wrong but have they not re-tested them and found them clear, or was I living on the moon at the time Very Happy
ianbass
ianbass

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2010-08-23

Back to top Go down

E. coli warning over several Lancashire shellfish beds (26/Aug/2012) Empty Re: E. coli warning over several Lancashire shellfish beds (26/Aug/2012)

Post by Tink Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:12 am

ianbass wrote:I might be wrong but have they not re-tested them and found them clear, or was I living on the moon at the time Very Happy

wasn't that the Ribble valley ones?

i saw this last night on the bbc news website (mind you i had only just got in from a very long gruelling night at work) still, better safe than sorry Smile
Tink
Tink
top poster
top poster

Number of posts : 1351
Registration date : 2009-06-16

Back to top Go down

Post by ianbass Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:11 am

Very true
ianbass
ianbass

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2010-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down