Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

google maps and video clips of fishing marks

4 posters

Go down

google maps and video clips of fishing marks Empty google maps and video clips of fishing marks

Post by RCN60 Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:20 am

First off sorry have not been about for a long while been recovering from 2 x battles with big C Sad
First off treatment for prostrate then turned into testular both beaten now along with me Shocked

Then on top of that decide to get my knee sorted on the private as national health no longer do what they refer to as minor operations so glad I kept up the union bmi insurance key hole surgery awake during op watched it on the screen Surprised 3 bits of broken bone removed and some silicone put in to act like a shock absorber now more mobile and almost a 100% now to get fit and burn off the fat bought on by steroids for the big C battle. Very Happy

Now ready to get back into my fishing so checking out some marks and doing a fair bit of walking decided to give the camera a whirl cheap one I bought sony cybershot 8.1 digital nice camera for my fishy shots when I get back to it.

While taking a few snaps of a couple of favourite marks I like to fish I was a bit spoilt for choice of what to photo?? then I remembered it has a video function,ah ha what better way to view a mark I thought so decided on some 180 and 360 video clips of the marks sorted I thought so done couple excuse shaky vision on some boulders and reefs are not ideal when turning around with a camera but here are a few efforts at recording some Bristol channel marks will do more as I get used to the functions and longer ones.

So here are few of my efforts so far.

I hope you like my tempting clips of some of the south west beaches If you venture down this way Very Happy

But I thought a very handy and useful way of studying a mark and do not forget some of the smart phones have this video option only draw back is uploading best to use you tube its free and easy to use and you can make your videos or pictures public or private easy to link to forums you will need a you tube account to do this what I have done.

I hope this inspires the budding David baileys here but a useful way of viewing a mark and keeping it as a record you can stop pause the video at any point to study a reef etc.

Saves taking loads of photos of a mark now to dust off my rods and service my reels plus get a few new toys to play with like lure rods fancy some lrf fishing myself tight lines all enjoy my little efforts and I hope they come in useful

regards jake
RCN60
RCN60
good poster
good poster

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2010-10-22

Back to top Go down

google maps and video clips of fishing marks Empty Re: google maps and video clips of fishing marks

Post by Tink Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:08 am

Well done Jake on your post and for beating the big nasty, not once but twice Smile
Tink
Tink
top poster
top poster

Number of posts : 1351
Registration date : 2009-06-16

Back to top Go down

google maps and video clips of fishing marks Empty Re: google maps and video clips of fishing marks

Post by RCN60 Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:22 am

Tink wrote:Well done Jake on your post and for beating the big nasty, not once but twice Smile

cheers looks good for the final all clear now only pain is having to shave me nuts got to slap a bag of frozen peas or something out of the freezer to shrink me nuts Rolling Eyes

or else I get hedgehog balls and they itch like hell look like a monkey scratching me nuts got one early prostrate shrunk well on 3 courses but the testular was painful but cleared up well glad I had it checked out early.

Recommend the doctors advice you sprinkle when you tinkle or stop go short spirts go get it checked out probably prostrate gland quicker you get it seen to the better lol.

Regards the nuts if sore achy swollen or dry rough patches of skin get your self down the docs for a check if they can not treat it quick you lose your nuts Sad an old fart like me at 63 can beat it so can you.

Looking forward to the next few weeks and getting out after a few rays then smutts then break out the lure gear for some fun summer fishing plus the fly gear for all sorts sea ressie and river anything that swims plus I get the exercise and fresh air.

Will be back with some catch reports hopefully

Regards jake
RCN60
RCN60
good poster
good poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:57 pm

Glad to hear your on the mend mate.
Some useful stuff there if ever I'm in your neck of the woods ,well done.
Davey
Davey
top poster
top poster

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2010-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by h4ppy-chris Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:05 pm

good to hear your on the mend jake and welcome back
h4ppy-chris
h4ppy-chris
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1917
Registration date : 2009-03-07

http://www.uk-sea-fishing.org

Back to top Go down

Post by RCN60 Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:36 am

Cheers lads

Almost forgot starting to get back into doing my maps again now

here is anew one if you are off on holidays in south Devon information will be added in the next few weeks also doing a Dorset fishing marks Google map under construction at the moment.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=213639595381108774752.0004ace434fbd0f3df3ad&msa=0

They will look more like this map as I load up the mark information

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=213639595381108774752.000490adddfe3a4567019&t=h&ll=50.954967,-2.757568&spn=1.840928,3.532104&z=8

Hope you will find these useful found several Google maps and Bing maps of the north west and north east coast regards marks maps will look them up for you.

currently building a central Bristol channel marks information and a lot more gives me something to do and put back into angling what I have taken out of it and hopefully give future anglers a lot more confidence in fishing the marks.
RCN60
RCN60
good poster
good poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down