Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MEERKAT rides again!

4 posters

Go down

MEERKAT rides again! Empty MEERKAT rides again!

Post by Moscowmale Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:55 am

Wednesday 13th..... and about time I had a day off.
Just me and Chris, coz Jonty was on dog watch, but he still made the trip over to wave us off with his hanky.......... and this time he remembered to pay the line out instead of shooting down the slip as she came off the trailer!
No sun today, overcast so it made it chilly, but the water settled to flat calm for our run back home.
Pretty much doggies galore though, with some pretty bigguns and a few kept for Keisha, justice in that somehow, doggies for a doggie.Twisted Evil
Full points go to Chris though with a couple of nice sized CODLING, not under size, but real fish and in good condition. I could only reply with a couple of flatties.
All-in-all a brilliant day, loads of laughs and some good fishing.
MEERKAT - you are worth every splinter, every ounce of glass-fibre dust down the shirt, and every minute of all the work that went into you.
You're a cracker cheers cheers cheers
Moscowmale
Moscowmale
top poster
top poster

Number of posts : 588
Registration date : 2009-03-15

Back to top Go down

MEERKAT rides again! Empty Re: MEERKAT rides again!

Post by h4ppy-chris Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:39 am

bloody top day steve, but am not gona take you again affraid untill you stop throwing my gear over the side in to the sea and stealing my stuff kiss kiss kiss Laughing Laughing Laughing ps can i have my hand towel back (washed) as you would not let me share it with you Very Happy and it's a good job you got the lead for me to make you leads to just throw in to the sea and let the dogs nick um Laughing Laughing as well as your bait Very Happy
better luck next time for the cod bud Smile glad you had a good time. top day in good company Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
for me 2 keeper codling the first of meerkat and dogsssssssssssssssss

pics of today

steves first fish of the meerkat Very Happy
MEERKAT rides again! Imag0721

one of the dogs that curled up like a puppy Cool
MEERKAT rides again! Imag0811

steve's 1st flatty of the meerkat Very Happy
MEERKAT rides again! Imag0812

MEERKAT rides again! Imag0813

and just one of the codling i had Very Happy
MEERKAT rides again! Imag0814
h4ppy-chris
h4ppy-chris
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1917
Registration date : 2009-03-07

http://www.uk-sea-fishing.org

Back to top Go down

Post by tomcat Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:59 pm

Fingers crossed for the next two months. If things follow their normal route, Chris will be throwing that size of Codling back. Just keeping the better ones. (2lb to 5lb seems to be the norm these days off the small boats along the Fylde coast, the jumbo Cod of the last century just don't appear now. Double figure fish still show each year, but sadly the 40lb+ fish of previous decades are just a distant memory. Your winter target should be a double figure fish, but you may have to be content with several 5lb'ers instead.
tomcat
tomcat
top poster
top poster

Number of posts : 413
Registration date : 2009-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Buck2003 Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:17 pm

Congrats, sounds like you had a great day and really enjoyed yourselfs Very Happy

Buck
Buck2003
Buck2003
top poster
top poster

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2009-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down