Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Burry Holm 19th August

2 posters

Go down

Burry Holm 19th August Empty Burry Holm 19th August

Post by mikey Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:47 pm

Hi all, weather forecast was terrible but me and my brother decided to go anyway Smile Burry Holm is at the end of the gower peninsula and gets cut off for a few hours over high water we had heard it was a top spot and were looking forward to the trip Very Happy We parked the van at Llangenith car park and then had a good mile walk to get to burry holm, we had gone prepared for all eventuallities and my rucksack was cutting in my shoulders Sad but the rain held off. We got set up with a beachcaster each and a spinning rod for free lining etc, my brother pulled in a bass of 1 1/2lb while I was still tackling up Shocked I then got a small gurnard on first cast and thought we were in for a great day Very Happy unfortuantley it was down hill from there, the heavy rain and winds came in and although we took a bit of a shelter we were soaked through, I had a few good knocks on the beachcaster but no more fish were landed. We had to wait for the tide to recede then had the daunting hike back to the car park with the rain and gale force winds in our faces Crying or Very sad I am sure on the right day this is a good venue and will try it again but on a better day!

Burry Holm 19th August Photo-10
My brother John

Burry Holm 19th August Photo-11
Taking shelter

Sorry no more photos but conditions were terrible!
mikey
mikey
top poster
top poster

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2009-09-17

Back to top Go down

Burry Holm 19th August Empty Re: Burry Holm 19th August

Post by h4ppy-chris Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:26 am

looks a good spot that mikey shame about the weather tho. good on you for having a go Very Happy
h4ppy-chris
h4ppy-chris
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1917
Registration date : 2009-03-07

http://www.uk-sea-fishing.org

Back to top Go down