Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help Needed !!

+4
wijonty
Moscowmale
jazzman
sri14
8 posters

Go down

Help Needed !! Empty Help Needed !!

Post by sri14 Thu May 06, 2010 8:59 pm

Hi Everyone,
I would like to thank the people behind this forum as its great resource for newbie to Sea fishing.
Anyway, I am newbie to Sea Fishing, who just got beginner sea fishing rod and eager to put it to good use this summer.
I live near liverpool and would like to know which is best place for newbie like me who's casting isn't really great ?
Aand I want to know a quite place as i don't want to injure anyone around me =) .
Would appreciate if any one give me links on casting as i struggle with weights.
And would like to know what bait should a newbie like me using and bait shops around liverpool which sell sea bait.
I know its lot of question in just my first posting but that who eager i am to get about and fish.
would like to thank in advance for all the replys.
Thank You.
Regards
Sri
Smile

sri14

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Back to top Go down

Help Needed !! Empty post

Post by jazzman Thu May 06, 2010 9:23 pm

hi mate and a big welcome our site. im not sure that casting video,s is the right way to go as you carn't
always cast after whatching a video you really could do with someone showing you what to and then
lots of practice. im sorry i carn't give you the info about bait in your area but im sure one of the members will give you that the common bait's are black lug, squid,macky,sand eal, all these bait,s can be bought from most tackel shops

cheers Ron
jazzman
jazzman
top poster
top poster

Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2009-03-10

https://ron44.homeserver.com

Back to top Go down

Help Needed !! Empty Re: Help Needed !!

Post by Moscowmale Thu May 06, 2010 10:05 pm

welcome Sri

When you say near Liverpool, are you North or South?
If South, then the River Mersey offers some good marks for flatties and Bass with easy casting in the Otterspool / Garston Area.
If North, you might want to try the Crosby area.
Unfortunately we've not many members from the Liverpool area who might invite you to join them to show you the basics, but if you can travel up to the Fylde Coast a whole load of us will gladly get you started.

Best
Steve
Moscowmale
Moscowmale
top poster
top poster

Number of posts : 588
Registration date : 2009-03-15

Back to top Go down

Post by wijonty Thu May 06, 2010 10:21 pm

welcome sri just keep your eye on the post and we will be having meetings that you can come on and every body will help if they can as stev says we are mainly up north blackpool fleetwood heysham and whithaven morcambe if you want a trip up here your allways welcome cheers jonty
wijonty
wijonty
top poster
top poster

Number of posts : 940
Registration date : 2009-03-10

Back to top Go down

Help Needed !! Empty Thank You All !!

Post by sri14 Thu May 06, 2010 11:27 pm

Hi Guys,
Firstly, I would like to Thank you for all the quick reply and sharing your valuable knowledge.
Jazzman, as mentioned its true, watching casting videos will not help as much as getting down there and trying it myself or joining the lads in here and learning first hand. And thank you for bait knowlegde.
Moscowmale, Tuebrook is central liverpool (Atleast I think so but my geographic of place mite be wrong). So south or north doesn't matter. I want to fish, i want to experience the adrenaline rush right from bite till you reel in to see what you got. Very Happy
Wi Jonty and Moscowmale, I am cuffed to bits about your generous offer to join you lads on your fishing trip.
I will sure keep an eye and will try to make it some.
Thank You.
Sri

sri14

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Tink Thu May 06, 2010 11:51 pm

welcome to the site Boss, you ( and anyone you would like to bring along as well ) are more than welcome to join us anytime, not just forum meets, many of us fish up here quite regulary ( i 'try' to get out 3 times a week ) and post the fact that we are going out and are asking if anyone else would like to join in, so there would be no problem if you decide to come along as well Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy we would be quite happy to show you the ' ropes ' anytime, and if you manage to get here at low tide getting free bait off the beach can also be shown Very Happy
Tink
Tink
top poster
top poster

Number of posts : 1351
Registration date : 2009-06-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Corectus Fri May 07, 2010 12:40 am

Hello Sri, Big welcome to our forum all the lads n lasses on ere second to none, you've come to the right place
Enjoy your stay.
Will look forward to reading your future posts and hope you have a camera, a few pictures would be nice Wink Wink Wink

Regards
Clive (Corectus) Cool Cool Cool

welcome welcome welcome welcome welcome welcome welcome welcome
Corectus
Corectus
top poster
top poster

Number of posts : 576
Registration date : 2009-04-26

http://www.nwac.co.uk     http://www.mtifishing.com

Back to top Go down

Post by h4ppy-chris Fri May 07, 2010 1:50 am

a warm welcome to the site sri your welcome to fish with us anytime and we will help you all we can.
why not come and have a fish with us at colwyn bay <<<click to see Smile
h4ppy-chris
h4ppy-chris
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1917
Registration date : 2009-03-07

http://www.uk-sea-fishing.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Moscowmale Fri May 07, 2010 8:12 pm

Sri
I hope you've seen Fishfinder's post on Seaforth docks as it really is a good place to start, with the fish well within casting distance. If not, click on this:
http://www.uk-sea-fishing.org/englandnorth-west-f8/alex-wall-seaforth-docks-t1148.htm#7120
Moscowmale
Moscowmale
top poster
top poster

Number of posts : 588
Registration date : 2009-03-15

Back to top Go down

Post by FishingwithFrank Fri May 07, 2010 9:49 pm

Welcome to the site Sri14 ... you will find many of us advertise when and where we are going fishing and im sure you will be welcome to join us... next friday 14th May we are at Colwyn Bay for the weekend we fish mainly at night ( you dont have to camp out ... you can just come for the day/night ) but during the day we sit around taking tactics collecting bait tying rigs etc also many of our members have there own Bait pumps and im sure they will let you have a go and advise you on which one to buy if you wanted to go down that avenue...also we are starting a casting club soon so watch for the posts when this is coming up...we had one last year at cleveleys and I was able to put yards on my cast thanks to the info from Birdy he also showed me some good rigs and knotts I learned loads that day and ive been fishing over 50 years so you never stop learning....Good luck with your fishing hope to see you out there soon...Frank
FishingwithFrank
FishingwithFrank
top poster
top poster

Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down