Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

North West Fisheries Officer Nov 2010

3 posters

Go down

North West Fisheries Officer Nov 2010 Empty North West Fisheries Officer Nov 2010

Post by FishingwithFrank Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:43 pm

I am going to arrange with the North West Fisheries Officer a meeting with our members, I spoke to him at the meeting in Fleetwood and he said he would come and give us a talk about his job and some of our responsibilities also if we could get a slide projector he will show us some slides. Im sure it will be a great night and its going to give us a good insight into an area of our sport not many people get to see. He is realy busy at the moment and because we also have many meets coming up we aggreed to leave it till november when things have settled down. Dont forget i have copies of the fish size sheet if anyone wants one...Frank
FishingwithFrank
FishingwithFrank
top poster
top poster

Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Back to top Go down

North West Fisheries Officer Nov 2010 Empty Re: North West Fisheries Officer Nov 2010

Post by Tink Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:01 pm

FishingwithFrank wrote:I am going to arrange with the North West Fisheries Officer a meeting with our members, I spoke to him at the meeting in Fleetwood and he said he would come and give us a talk about his job and some of our responsibilities also if we could get a slide projector he will show us some slides. Im sure it will be a great night and its going to give us a good insight into an area of our sport not many people get to see. He is realy busy at the moment and because we also have many meets coming up we aggreed to leave it till november when things have settled down. Dont forget i have copies of the fish size sheet if anyone wants one...Frank

Cheers Frank, Steve is a good guy and is always happy to oblige ( when he's not too busy ) plus he also advised us at the ISCZ meet didn't he?

ps i only know of him thru Birdy who told me about him and if pushed ( add infuriated by idiots ) can use his power to completely confiscate all of your tackle including those at home, ( he has the power of entry, just like customs and excise ) but he rarely if ever uses it, i understand he has only ever used it a couple of times, once was when a chap pulled out and kept 45 undersized bass from the nursery, dont recall any info about the other but it must have been bad, he would rather use education than his official power of force ( police backed if ness ) so that makes him one of the very good guys and someone you want looking over your shoulder if ever problems arise. think bailiff for the northwest coast and that way you are pretty close to who he is,and he is on the side of the shore anglers

hope i have that right ( well i know i am very close )
Tink
Tink
top poster
top poster

Number of posts : 1351
Registration date : 2009-06-16

Back to top Go down

North West Fisheries Officer Nov 2010 Empty Re: North West Fisheries Officer Nov 2010

Post by kingcrab Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:58 am

intresting reading guys is he the only active fisheries officer for the n/w coast ??
kingcrab
kingcrab
top poster
top poster

Number of posts : 663
Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Tink Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:32 am

kingcrab wrote:intresting reading guys is he the only active fisheries officer for the n/w coast ??

yep
Tink
Tink
top poster
top poster

Number of posts : 1351
Registration date : 2009-06-16

Back to top Go down

Post by FishingwithFrank Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:43 am

Tink I think there are 3 of them in the north west but he is the only 1 in our area...Frank
FishingwithFrank
FishingwithFrank
top poster
top poster

Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down